Yoo Moo Frozen Yoghurt| Healthy Icecream

My discovery of Yoo Moo Frozen Yoghurt was completely by accident. It happened by seeing an instagram picture of someone enjoying what looked like an amazing flavour of Ben and Jerry icecream; I was insanely jealous and headed straight to Asda in search of it. As soon as I found myself in the Frozen Dessert aisle of Asda staring at the Ben and Jerry’s icecream the guilt hit me… was I really going to give into a craving! Did I really want this calorie and fat laden icecream?

Yoo Moo Frozen Yoghurt Reviewyoo moo frozen yoghurt review 2yoo moo frozen yoghurtyoo moo frozen yoghurt 2yoo moo healty icecream 2-horz

Yes the first few bites would be amazing, but I wouldn’t stop and would probably end up eating the whole tub and feeling really disappointed with myself. So after having a mini argument in my head I decided to see if there was anything that was similar that would leave me feeling less guilty, and that’s when I found Yoo Moo.

I had not realised you could buy Yoo Moo frozen yoghurt in mini tubs in the supermarket, I thought it was only available at their Frozen Yoghurt Bars on the high-street. I am not a massive icecream snob so to me frozen yoghurt is exactly the same as icecream, it’s cold, refreshing, sweet and creamy. I picked up the strawberry tub for matt and obviously the chocolate one for myself.

It was;t until I was home that I actually looked at the nutritional content and was pleasantly surprised. One tub of the Yoo Moo Frozen Yoghurt only contains around 151 calories! Who knew icecream could be so yummy and so healthy! I love that they try to imitate the Ben and Jerry sorts of ice-creams by adding extra treats such as dried fruit, chocolate stars or even chocolate brownie pieces. These are definitely my new favourite treat for those nights when I need something sweet.

Have you ever tried Yoo Moo Frozen Yoghurt? Do you enjoy frozen yoghurt or are you an icecream snob and prefer the real deal? What is your go to sweet treat in the evenings?

Check out Jayne’s amazing fitness and lifestyle blog Miss Jayne Becca. This girl is on of my personal fitspo’s so I promise you will not be disappointed with her fun, informative and motivating blog.

1. Beth says:

Yoo Moo frozen yoghurt is amazing! I agree, I much prefer to tuck in to some of that than succumbing to Ben and Jerry's, makes me feel much less guilty. Definitely not an ice cream snob 🙂 x

2. Sami Lou says:

I absolutely lovelovelove YooMoo!! No idea why I don't buy it more often! A good quality fro-yo can be better than ice cream in my gluttonous experience/adventures. Going to have to buy some tomorrow now 😉 Sami xx

3. Ffion says:

I love going to a frozen yoghurt stand to get a put piled high with fruit, but I find these little tubs a bit disappointing, I think it is because I prefer the plain flavour!

4. Paula B says:

This is a mere 99p in Aldi stores too, bargain! 🙂 Paula ♥ | http://www.la-vida-fresa.com/ xo

5. I have actually never tried frozen yoghurt. Embarrassing right? I've been seeing these everywhere though so I will have to go give it a try now 🙂 probably the strawberry one xxhttp://www.Glamourtricks.co.uk

6. Cat Storey says:

Exactly! Yummy and guilt free 😀

7. Cat Storey says:

Haha it is super yummy! Glad i reminded you of it… i need to stock up 😀

8. Cat Storey says:

Aww no, I loved them. Maybe that's just your preference. I can see a plain flavoured on with fresh fruit being pretty yummy, but I'm a massive chocolate lover 😀

9. Cat Storey says:

WHAT!!! No way!!! Need to get straight to Aldi… thanks for the tip 😀

10. Cat Storey says:

Not embarrassing, I think they are a pretty new discovery on the UK food market.The strawberry one is pretty good 😀

11. Lisa Goodman says:

Ah, I absolutely LOVE YooMoo!! Not tried the chocolate one but the strawberry is usually a repeat purchase for me. Yum!Lxhttp://the-sportista.blogspot.co.uk/

12. Visa says:

these looks so AMAZINGLY good, cannot believe they would be healthy. props to the makers for making them look so appealing, looks better than some ice creams ive seen. thanks for sharing and also for taking the time to comment on my recent blog post. perhaps we could also keep in touch and follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin'? please feel free to let me know if you'd like to.x1finedai.blogspot.com/

13. I love this stuff! The cherry one is my favourite. And you don't feel too bad eating them!Photo-Jenn-ic

14. laurenmaria says:

I discovered this stuff a couple months ago, it's yummy. Not tried the choc one yet, need to get it.Laurenlivinginaboxx bloglovin

15. Beth says:

I love Yoo Moo, Tropicalmoo is my favourite flavour 🙂 xx

16. Cat Storey says:

The strawberry is still really good 😀

17. Cat Storey says:

I know! I was so surprised at the nutritional content… so yummy and tasty xx

18. Cat Storey says:

Ooo I've nt seen the cherry one before, will have to keep my eye out 😀

19. Cat Storey says:

Glad I reminded you of it 😀 xx

20. Cat Storey says:

I've seen the Tropical one, need to try that one next xx

21. Before I took my 30 day vegan pledge, frozen yogurt was my go-to treat when I was craving ice cream! Soooooo good.Lozzie

22. I've only ever tried the strawberry flavour and that was delicious. I'm kinda obsessed with frozen yoghurt especially pink berry ❤ wayyyy better than ice cream :pTiana xWww.the-Romanticiser.blogspot.co.uk