Easter Weekend and a new home

photo (39)Moving houseBed makingBedteaegg

With the sun shining, the none existent snow and blue skies you would think that spring had arrived here in the Lake District. Technically it has but the fact that I am still wearing my penguin mittens and bobble hat everyday makes the long spring afternoons feel a million miles away. Fingers crossed that April brings us temperatures above 2c!

I’ve had a very busy few days as this weekend was moving in day for me. Finally my boyfriend Matt has landed himself a job on the better side of the country (sorry you Eastern readers) and after nine long months of a long distance relationship we will finally be living in the same place. To make me even happier we have the most gorgeous apartment in town with spectacular views over the river.

So far so good with the moving in process; we even managed to construct a bed together with no arguments! Although our own bed which he constructed without my supervision did collapse at 6 in the morning with us both on it, so one minor mishap! We had our first visitors yesterday and our second lot today, I think our location makes us very popular for those wanting to visit the lakes… how convenient of us! We currently don’t have all the furniture we need so expect a lot of interior design inspired posts coming up. I may even film a flat tour once everything is out of boxes and looks a bit more like home.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend with your family and treat yourself to some chocolate eggs! What are your plans for the weekend?

1. Carissa says:

Congrats on the move πŸ™‚ Hope you have a great weekend!Carissa xxVanilla Crush Blog

2. Limes Smiles says:

Congrats with your new home! I hope you have a great Easter break :)I am going to spend it with my family.IxxLimes&Smiles

3. Alice says:

Congratulations on the move! It looks lovely- and it seems to get lots of light which can only be a good thing! So pleased for you and your boyfriend- long distance is rubbish- so here's to happy times ahead for you! xx

4. OOOOOHHH very nice! a woman than can put flat pack together is a gem! are you itching to decorate and make it look dead prettyhappy easterKewteepye xx

5. Michaela says:

Congrats on the move! I love putting together flat pack furniture – such a challenge. Hope you've had a great easter break so far!xx

6. How exciting! The balcony looks so lovely xxzoeyinwonderland.blogspot.co.uk

7. Well this is a new begining:)I just discovered your blog and I have to say I LOVE it! So many good advices and new products I discovered thanks to you:) Thank You!Here is my blog as well if you want to follow me:http://morgirunsaway.blogspot.fr/

8. Thanks so much darling. Hope you had a good bank holiday and are well xx

9. Thanks lovely, so happy πŸ˜€ xx

10. I know loving the natural light… going to be great for photos πŸ˜€ Thanks so much xx

11. Its such a gorgeous place! Haha we did quite well πŸ˜€ xx

12. I wouldn't say I love it but was a good challenge πŸ˜€ xx

13. It is so amazing! One of my favourite parts of the flat. Can't wait to sit out on it in the summer xx

14. Thanks darling, will checks yours out xx

15. Anna Davison says:

Congratulations it looks lovely! Flat pack assembly is always a tense time in this house too!

16. Thanks Anna, I love it πŸ˜€ xx

17. Aditi Jain says:

Hi there, You've done a fantastic job. I will certainly digg it and personally recommend to my friends. I'm confident they will be benefited from this site. My homepage – Option Tips Intraday Tips Equity Tips